Saturday, August 15, 2009

Beauty


For this Tutorial You will need These supplies.
Scrapkit Iced Candy by the lovely Lynn from Scrappers Emporium and
You can find it here.
Thank You Lynn for letting Me write tutorials with Your kits -hugs
and kisses-.
Template from the Creative Misfits Blog here.
Tube of choice if You choose to use one. I didn't for this
template and the kit was already pretty enough.
Alien Skin Eye Candy 5 Impact optional here.
Brushes or wordart of choice optional.


Open the template in psp and Shift+D to duplicate and close out
the original. Image canvas size 600x600 and then delete the
copyright layer and the background layer.With Your eye dropper
tool pick two colors either from the kit's elements or a tube if
Your using on. Either is fine.

In Your layer palette choose the squares layer and go to
selections select all float selections defloat. Layers new raster
layer and flood fill it with a color You chose.A side note here
though I used a texture from My materials palette and then flood
filled the floating squares. I just wanted something a little
different. Please experiment and see what You like. Then I added
some noise by going to Adjust add/remove noise add noise with the
following settings uniform 45 and monochrome checked. Effects 3D
effects drop shadow. I used the following settings vertical and
horizontal 0 opacity 40 blur 5 and color black. Delete Your
original squares layer.


In Your layer palette choose the back layer and go to selections
select all selections float selections defloat. Layers new raster
layer and flood fill it with a color or gradient of
choice.Selections select none. Effects texture effects weave with
the following settings gap size width and opactity all on 1 weave
color black and gap color a lighter shade than the color you
filled the layer with. Delete the original back layer.

In Your layer palette choose the frame layer and with your magic
wand click on the frame that's on your canvas.Layers new raster
layer flood fill it with either the light or the dark color You
chose from the tube or the element from the kit. Selections select
none. Effects texture effects blind with the following settings
width 2 opacity 10 color black and both boxes checked. Give it the
same drop shadow You used before.I also after I did the original
drop shadow I gave it a -1 to for the outer part of the frame to
have a shadow.

In Your layer palette choose the kiss layer and go to selections
select all seclections float selections defloat and flood fill it
with one of Your colors and give it the same noise You gave the
boxes. I also gave it the same drop shadow.


In Your layer palette choose the layer that says in the eye of the
and go to selections select all selections float selections
defloat and flood fill it with one of the colors You chose.
Effects Eye Candy 5 Impact and it give it the default settings I
chose to do it twice and added the same drop shadow. Delete the
original layer.

Do the same as the above with Your Beholder and Beauty's layer's.
When done don't forget to delete the original layers. On separate
layers add Your brushes or else word art in the box. If Your
brushes are bigger You can always click on Your box layer and go
to selections float all selections defloat and then go to invert
and hit the delete key on Your keyboard on the brush layer so that
Your not overlapping or You can also add brushes to the background
under the template. Just play around and I'm sure You'll come up
with something You like.

I didn't realize that this was a normal kit so You will really
have to resize the elements..For instance the bow I used I had to
resize it to 20 percent and it did it this way. I went to image
resize by 10 percent and made sure all layers was unchecked. Then
I used My selection tool and drug it around the end of the bow and
deleted the excess I didn't need. You could leave it on there just
be sure to move the bow under the frame layer. It looks good
either way actually. When I added the heart padlock I resized it
by 10 percent and drug it under the text layer. I did the same
with all the rest of the elements I used and then added My text.
When I cropped My tag I also sharpened it by going to adjust
sharpness sharpen.

No comments:

Post a Comment